Friday, January 22, 2010

Closing Activities and Emotional Goodbyes

Shalom Haverim: The final friendship circle
filled with hugs and tears
The Hebrew stamps the students created together
summarize the delegation.
Am Echad: One People!

Friendship
The Farewell Dinner was hosted by the Shocket Family
The students decorate t shirts to represent
their experiences together.



Someone in Israel Loves Me!
Can you guess who?

Some final thoughts from the VBS Day School and David Bloch students:"I made friends for a lifetime." "This was an adventure of a lifetime." "I learned that in America they pray in Hebrew." "I learned that the American Jews know so much about being Jewish." "I discovered that I could make friends in another language."I learned a lot about Judaism." "I learned about Kabbalat Shabbat and kiddush, and this was the first time I did Havdalah." "I really liked the Torah service and the way they sing the prayers in such a fun melody." "I learned to be more independent." I improved my Hebrew, I did not know that I could make a friend in Hebrew." "Now I have family in Israel." "We came from the Jewish state, but I also saw that Jewish is at VBS Day School." "I learned how to look for the good in everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment